Monday, September 29, 2008

Drawing a blank

Last week I got three 6x6 canvas panels. I plan on hanging them above Raegans crib because right now the wall is blank. I am really excited to start painting, but I can't decide what to paint. I plan on using all three canvas's next to each other in a row, so I was thinking three....

* fruit (apple, pear, grapes)
* letters A, B, C or maybe x, y, z
* flowers, in three different colored themes
* A butterfly, a bee and a dragonfly
* three different abstract shapes
*Uhmmmm.....that's all I got, see I need help!

I'm just not totally sold on any of these ideas. I need a bit of assistance from all my incredibly creative friends! So pretty please share your brilliance. Come'on give me something good...

10 comments:

TODD + ANNIE said...

How about drawing you , Seth and Rae! (Just kidding.) I don't know, those are all cute ideas. I like the idea of the butterfly and stuff, or three different flowers-nature objects. I am sure they will turn out great whatever you decide on, I want to see them when you are done though.

Stephanie said...

i like the fruit idea! i saw a really cute dispaly in threes on another blog that i was hoping to muster up the courage to do someday- but its like an owl, elephant, and i cant remember the last and it is done in different pieces of fabric with embroidery. way cute stuff.

lindsey said...

Ooo I like the sound of the owl and elephant idea. Do you remember what blog you saw it on? Id love to check it out! thanks stephanie!

P.S Beach was fun today:)lets do it again soon

j,d and little b said...

I think you should draw a barrel (like a wave, with a surfer going through it), a coconut, and a shrimp truck...Local Kine!! HA! Rae's a Hawaii baby! Ok maybe a wave, a pretty Hawaii flower, and a sunset...

Jason, Shaunna, and little B said...

I like the last idea with the wave, flower, and sunset, I also like the butterfly one!! No matter what you say, you are always so creative!!!

Ryan and Megan said...

Oh Lindsey, if only I had the confidence to draw a blank on what I should paint on THREE canvases! I am so impressed with you. I am also drawing a blank.... what should I do with my ENTIRE house??? Oh my goodness, I need you!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm probably your most uncreative friend so I'll just pick my favorite of your options... letters or flowers would be my vote. All sound like cute ideas though. BTW I tagged you!

Kimberley said...

this totally depends on the theme & colors of the rest of the room.... What else do you have going on in there? If it's really femanine then go with flowers, or if it's a kid style room, with stripes/polka dots then do letters (also consider her name if you don't think that's too cheesy but it fits perfect!) or if she has a real hawaiian feel then maybe the surf theme or ocean (star fish, sea shell, seahorse?) or Hawaiian fruit, Pinapple, coconut, guava...(cut so you get the pink) I don't know- I'm just impressed you can do it! I always imagine things and they never turn out the way I picture...

Meg said...

Animal silhouettes out of fabric would be cute. Remember that cute whale you made me out of paper? That with two others, maybe ocean animals or even the owl and elephant that Stephanie suggested.

Anna K. said...

I have been wanting to paint recently too! I keep meaning to buy canvases. We should paint together! I think animals would be cute...fruit also! I know anything you choose to do will look awesome!