Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lately

Our move was successful and somehow we packed everything up and made it safely to Utah. It feels SO wonderful to be home and with family. Its finally starting to warm up in Park City and everything is in bloom. I know I left paradise, but this is a paradise all of its own. We are getting more and more excited to be settled in Portland. We plan on making that move early August. We found a great place there and I'll be managing the complex that we're living in.

Rae and I have been each others play buddies since we left all our good friends in Laie, miss you guys:( I've been on the hunt for kids her age for her to play with (I think she gets a little tired of my games sometimes!) We are starting a swim class this week and I think she will have a blast. Every time we come across water she charges for it.. pools, lakes at the park, even just puddles, she's wanting to get in. So this will be a good way to get her water fix.


Every day she looks more like a little girl and less like a baby. She says mama, dada, nana, ball and no no no (haha). She loves to walk backwards until she runs into something. She can drink out of a big girl cup (with assistance of coarse) She spins around and her latest trick is putting her foot to her nose. Her personality is just so sweet and quirky and cute. She really makes me laugh.

She's had lots of fun with Nana Jane and Papa Ray. My mom and I took Rae to the Hogle Zoo on Saturday and had a lot of fun. She loved the monkeys, the train ride and the big round water (again the water) statue in the entrance. She played in it for a while and got nice a wet, perfect way to cool off:)







14 comments:

kimmy girl said...

BACK IN UTAH FOR THE SUMMER!!?? When can we all get together!?

Stephanie said...

we sure miss you guys out here and i was wondering how the move went so i am happy you updated your blog! sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. that's cool that you get to manage the apartment complex too- you always have sweet housing deals :) anyway- have fun and take care!

Meg said...

I am so happy to see new pics of you guys! We miss you and I keep meaning to call you! Rae looks soooo big, and old I can't believe it. I hope that we will be able to see you in August before you move to Oregon. I will call you soon.

Erin said...

she is so dang cute! i cant believe she is talking!

TODD + ANNIE said...

I love that blonde hair! Sweet thing. I am glad you are having a good time. We wish Seth was here too! Enjoy your family time.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

She is so stinkin cute. I sent you an invite to MiSh's baby shower today I hope you can make it!

shira said...

oh my gosh, raegan doesn't look like a baby anymore! she's getting so big! i love her long blonde hair, what a cutie! we miss you guys! i wish we got to see you while you were down here, hopefully next time!

j,d and little b said...

umm I miss you and your cute little family. Hawaii hasn't been the same since you and everyone else left :(

Ryan and Megan said...

based on her unusually attractive parents, I'm not really surprised at how GORGEOUS Rae is. I'm serious lindsey, submit that childs picture to Gerber or something. She's so cute!! We can't wait to see you!

kim huish said...

It was so fun to see you guys at the wedding! I miss the Hogle Zoo! Rae is so adorable.

Kindsay and Erik said...

We miss our neighbors :( But we're so happy to hear that you're doing well and that you got a managing job! That's such great news! I'm hoping we can find something similar as well. It's so nice to hear how you all are doing.

Love,
The Nortons

Kimberley said...

I can't believe she is growing up so much! I'm glad to hear you are set to enjoy UT this summer and totally jealous that you get to be apartment managers- that's such a great deal! Also- I'll be in town this weekend and would love to see -can you text me your number? 801-440-4440

Troy, Tami, Linken and Pierson said...

Where in PDX are you living? We are excited to have another BYUH alumni nearby :)

Email me tamarajryan@aol.com

Chris & Jackie Kontoes said...

She is so big!! It hit me how big she is when I saw her big girl car seat in the last picture. I cant believe I cant see her grow in person. I am officially sad.