Monday, June 9, 2008

This & That

Just two more days and we are off to Park City. I'm getting more and more anxious to be there every minute. Talking to my mom makes me home sick and talking to my dad makes me so excited to introduce baby Rae to the rest of the family. It's always fun to visit our hometown and catch up with old friends over lunch at a yummy cafe and hear what's new in everyone’s life. It’s a good familiar feeling being home.

We've been stocking up on our beach days lately because we know we won't have them for a whole month. Raegan is a regular beach go'er. She's always so chill. She just hangs out with all of us on the sand. She'll nap for a little bit, then play with mom or the girls, then sleep a little more. Seth and I are definitely spoiled with an amazingly well behaved, mellow baby.




Saturday was my first time surfing since I had Raegan and I have to admit I was beyond pathetic. Not only did I feel like I had never surfed a day in my life, but I was SOOO weak! After paddling out and getting in a good spot to catch some waves my arms were all ready so tired that when I'd try to catch a wave I could barley push my self up on the board!!! Ahhh!!! I have never been so out of shape in my entire life. It was pretty embarrassing. After being out there for a little bit it wasn't long before I started thinking of the lunch Seth had packed us and I began my shameful paddle back to shore. I guess I’m just better at sitting on the sand and eating delicious food with my hubby and baby girl!

Regardless to say, I am going to whip my butt back into some kind of shape. ha ha. Shira's hubby Devin used to be a personal trainer so he's giving me the low down on what needs to happen. I’m pretty excited./ not excited/ motivated/ scared/ not that motivated/ happy to be healthy and making some of those good old endorphins

Oh and I thought this was a pretty cute picture. Here is Raegsn in her Sunday best right before church. (I had some fun with her hair!)

7 comments:

Erin said...

i love her little pony tail and butt crack! that looks like a james thing! she is getting so big and soooo ADORABLE!

TODD + ANNIE said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! It is a good thing you three are coming to Utah finally. We can't wait to see you!

The Waites said...

You guys are so cute! I love the picture of her on seth's shoulders. That is hilarious!!! You're going to Utah for a month?? Mase and I will be there on July 1-6...if you're around, I'd love to meet her!!! Maybe we could catch lunch with smach or something??

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love the bum crack lol so classic. I know you will be busy catching up with fam and everything but you better call me the second you get a chance. I can't wait to see you guys!

Angie said...

Just got your cute baby announcement in the mail. Love it. Thanks for including me. Have fun at home!

Cassie said...

This is such a cute post. Lindsey, I am confident that you will soon become the pro surfer you once were. Next time I'm in hawaii I can't wait to surf again with you!! (Who knows when that will be).

karly angela zobrist said...

so cute! can't wait until katie has one and i can baby sit for you all/ steal your children.