
This book has become a breath of fresh air for me every time I pick it up. Sarah Breathnach wrote it in an attempt to live a more meaningful and simple life. While writing it she realized that she was a women "in desperate need of Simple Abundance". She said "During a time of profound introspection, six practical, creative, and spiritual principles---gratitude, simplicity, order, harmony, beauty, and joy--- became the catalysts that helped me define a life of my own."
She talks about enjoying the Simple pleasures of everyday life and suggests writing down or keeping track of our own simple pleasures. An uplifting activity I would love to turn into a daily or at least a weekly habit.
Some of My Simple Pleasures
~ Raegans Smile
~ good conversation
~ long naps
~ yummy smelling candles
~ holding hands with Seth
~ writing 'thank you' 'birthday' 'get well' & 'christmas' cards
~ hot showers (with my favorite Shampoo/Conditioner!)
~ wrapping presents
~ flowers
~ the first snowfall of the season
~ riding bikes with Seth
~ good music
~ Children's books
These are the "simple pleasures" that make my life joyful and authentic. These are the things that make me a happy person. This book is something every women should read. Its a boost of positivity and a reminder to live your life to its fullest.
"pick up the needle with me and make the first stitch on the canvas of your life. Invite the Spirit to open up the eyes of your inner awareness. Be still and wait expectantly, knowing that in the warp and woof of your daily life as it exists today are the golden threads of a simply abundant tomorrow." - Sarah Breathnach

8 comments:
what a great concept- i could definitely use the reminder from time to time! i'll have to check this book out- thanks!
That sounds like such an inspiring book Lindsey. I think we all need a little reminder of the good things in life. Thanks for sharing that! I will totally have to buy that book.
Yes go get a copy! it is really good! you wont regret it i promise!
hello, what about hanging out with friends!? we super miss you!!! hurry home!!!!
okay lindsey, seriously...you've been gone forever!!! come home already! we miss you! (plus raegan & seth too)
This book sounds great. When you have a moment, may I grab a copy of your cute Daily affirmations for baby making? My email is jackontoes@yahoo.com. I would love them if it is not to much trouble.
Thanks women.
Jackie I don't have my lap top with me (which have the affermations on it) But I will be home on Monday and will be more than happy to print them off for ya then!
Untill then just tell yourself "I am a healthy, fertal vessel!!" Ha ha it works I swear!
Lindsey, I miss you too!! So much!! Seriously, I need your help desperately here. I am not kidding. I know that you would have had this place decked out two weeks ago and I just barely managed to pick out a picture to hang above our fireplace. :) I've temporarily misplaced my cell phone but as soon as I find it I am going to give you a call. Put up some pictures of Rae, I miss her!
Post a Comment