Friday, April 19, 2013

Three little women


There is nothing like having a new born baby to hold and love and kiss. I love this girl so much and I'm so happy she is finally here! (and I'm happy not to be pregnant any more:) Kate was born April 7th at 5:25am. She is a very mellow baby who has been sleeping great so far. I've never experienced a new born who sleeps well and I've got to say its pretty awesome. Her two big sisters are so proud and love holding her and helping me with little things for the baby. Raegan is basically infatuated with her. She will say things like "Mom my heart will just break if I don't kiss Kate goodnight!" And she means it with all sincerity. I love my girls ~ 




Our three little women


Doesn't Seth have pretty cursive?! ha ha!  Seriously though! I love it.

Birth Story:

On Saturday April 6th I was feeling really...well, over being pregnant! I was wanting to get the show started! 

So after hitting the treadmill for a brisk one hour walk, then going home and taking a nice bath, I started having surges around 9:00pm. I kept track of them for about an hour, then told Seth I thought it was the real deal and we should probably pull our hospital things together. While he worked on getting everything in the car etc. I put in my headphones with my awesome relaxation mix and began getting in the zone. Things were moving along quickly so we headed to the hospital  around 1am. It was a bit of a challenge getting from the car into the main entrance because surges were pretty strong at that point, but after what seemed like forever we made it. 

We checked in and it was a smooth transition from triage to our hospital room. Our nurse Bethany was wonderful. She was really great at reading me and how I was feeling, without me having to say much. She could tell that the surges were becoming intense and suggested I get into the jacuzzi. I really liked being in there. We had the lights dim, music going and I was trying really hard to just stay calm and relaxed. At this point my surges were becoming really intense and they were coming two at a time (meaning just as one would start to ease up, it would go right into another strong one, with no time in between to rest) This became overwhelming for me and I started to overheat a bit in the warm water so I drained the tub. Once the water was out, the surges felt WAY more intense and I had a hard time getting from the tub back to our room.

Once there, I decided I wanted to have an epidural and I let the nurse know. Obviously it took a little while before the anesthesiologist came and  by the time she was administering it to me my water had broke and I was already in transition. She placed it and about twenty min. later Kate was on her way out! I still had full use of both my legs and could feel where Kate was and when I needed to push, which was wonderful because it wasn't like that in the past for me. I pushed slowly to avoid tearing and the midwife delivering her was mindful of helping me not tear as well. She came after about three surges and she was perfect! I only had to have two small stitches which is soooo much better than last time! 

It's pretty incredible to bring a child into this world. Seth was a huge support through out the whole thing. It felt so good having him by my side encouraging me and helping me along the way. I love that man. I am so happy I get to share these three amazing little girls with him. We love Kate so much. Sometimes I would think to myself "i all ready love Raegan and Jane so much, how can I love another child equally!?" but the second you see them your heart expands and the love grows. Its a great feeling. 

8 comments:

Hills said...

Lindsey,
I am so happy for you guys ♥ Kate is such a little cutie pie. Her hair is already such a pretty color too. You are such wonderful parents! I mean it, too! I have so much respect for you and Seth in reguards to parenting. Your girls are so amazing, and it doesn't surprise me in the least to know that fact about Raegan. What a sweetheart! I would love to come by to see you sometime, but you let me know when is best for you.

daniellejackson said...

Welcome Kate! Thanks for sharing her birth story. Loved reading it! I'm glad things went pretty well and that you have another beautiful girl! I hope I get to meet her someday!

Malorie said...

LOVED your birth story, I am so happy that you had a great experience! Got to love tubs :) Kate is so beautiful, hope you are feeling good and I wish I could visit!

Clark + Kjerstin said...

Can't wait to see those pictures that were taken of your girls! I'm assuming they will be ridiculously perfect :)

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

CONGRATS!! I was wondering if baby Kate had arrived! She is beautiful and as always has a lovely head of hair!

Erin Lee said...

Congrats to you and your family of five!!! I was reading her birth story and it reminded me so much of mine--It made me want to do it all over again! (not anytime soon though ;) She is perfection and i'm so jealous you have girls to dress up! Much love to you and your new little addition!

Johanna said...

Congrats to your sweet family. So happy Kate is here and that she's a happy, sleepy baby. We send love!

kim huish said...

Congratulations!!! She is adorable and so is your entire family. Also, congrats on moving to Texas. I'm so excited for you guys to be done with dental school. So many exciting things happening for you guys right now!!