Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Little Miss Sleepy Head

Raegan hasn't been napping very well lately. She has a hard time falling asleep and then once she does get to sleep, it's for a very short time. So Seth and I have been tying to help her relax, get in the "take a nap" kind of a mood. We'll rub her back, stroke her hair, put calming music on and hold her hand etc. (And for those of you thinking why don't you just leave her there and let her cry it out, it's because if I can get her to fall asleep without having her cry her little eyes out, then I will).

She really likes to hold hands which is so sweet and endearing, but somewhat exhausting when your standing over her crib forever with an aching back. But we recently discovered that if we let her hold our finger for just a couple minutes, then slyly slip in the leg of this adorable doll meg made her, she holds on to it and wala! She sleeps soundly and all is well in the Huish casa!


Then she wakes up feeling like this!!!
And when baby is happy, we are ALL happy.

8 comments:

j,d and little b said...

Hahaha that is the cutest thing ever! She is just a little cuddler...so cute!

.From Her. said...

OH! She is such a sweet heart! I love love love her.

Meg said...

Yay, I am so glad that she likes the doll I made her! I knew she would!

My Dearest Rich said...

Linds, I LOVE IT! SO cute! We're back now, so I can fix your hair or whatevs! Lets get together. comment me your home number again, I seem to have lost it! hope you guys and your cuteness are good! :)

Anna K. said...

Yay! so cute....good thing Meg made the doll the perfect size! I love that she grabs the leg. So adorable!

Ryan and Megan said...

Lindsey we're in Park City now and I love it! I wish you were here! I can see why you and Meg are so talented, it's the art festival this week and I am so impressed with the locals!

shira said...

little raegan...she is so darn cute! those pics are too adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh man way to save the day meg! She is so cute with her big wake-up smile. I love the pic of the three of you. As always you look gorgeous!!